PS2 Bios are the files that can help you to run the Play Station 2 Console games on your computer. It is a great opportunity for those who want the PS2 games but they don’t have the console.
Just like other Emulators, you cannot run it directly on your PC nor on your laptop. Even though you cannot change the graphics settings to accelerate your gaming experience.
Now as there is an official version of the PS2 Emulator available on the internet which is known as PCSX2 Emulator.
This emulator is not only compatible with Windows but even though you can use it on macOS, iOS (iPhone, Android as well. So, the problem which came here is that as I said above you cannot directly install and play games on Emulator.
For this you need to have the BIOS files after this you can play your favourite games there. Now in today’s topic, we will discuss how to install and use the PCSX2 Emulator and also tell you how you can install any games on your console.
|Last Updated||1day ago|
What Is PS2 BIOS
PS2 BIOS stands for Basic Input/Output System which manages the flow of data between a processor and other drives like Hard Disk or CD/DVD. With the help of BIOS, the application which you run (games in the case of Play Station) will understand the hardware of your device.
This means that if you are running a high-graphics game in your play station then that game will collect data from your BIOS and then you can play it.
Otherwise when you don’t have enough system requirements for your game then BIOS showed that to the game and you won’t be able to run it on your PS2.
Since every platform has it’s own BIOS device just like that computer has different settings. So, it makes it difficult to run a Play Station Game on Windows Computer or Linux or even on MacOs.
This is the reason why we need to have the PS2 BIOS to run any game on the Windows machine. But these don’t work directly because both have different operating in this way we will be required to have an Emulator.
There is one Emulator available to run Play Station Games on Windows PC, macOS or even on Android, iPhone. The name of this Emulator is the PCSX2 Emulator which we will discuss below.
Download PS2 BIOS 2021
As I told you everything about the PS2 BIOS now it’s time to download it to use it on your computer. This is the complete guide which you should read to download the file. It is only for beginners who came to our website for the first time and don’t know how to get it from here.
Ok, so let’s move to our step by step guide:
First of all, you need to click on the download button which is located below and you will be then redirected to our download page.
From here simply click on the Download PS2 Bios button located there and you see the Mediafire website.
There you find another button labelled as Download Now so simply click on that and within 5 seconds the file will automatically start downloading.
Note: When you asked to choose a location where you want to download files it is recommended to create a new folder on Desktop and download it there.
You have now successfully downloaded the file now it’s time to move to another step which is how to use the PS2 BIOS files on Computer.
How to Use PS2 BIOS
As we have downloaded the PS2 Bios files but you don’t know how to use it on your machine then here is the guide for you. I also mentioned above that to run these files you will be required to have an Emulator installed on your machine.
PCSX2 is an open-source emulator which is available for the Linux, Windows and Mac operating system. It is the only emulator available on the internet which provides you with high-quality graphics. PCSX2 supports almost every game of Play Station 2 which you can download and run on your machine.
It is developed by two programmers named Linuzappz and Shadow in the year of 2001. They first developed the PCSX-Reloaded after these other programmers contributed to it and they finally launched Version 0.9.1 of PCSX2 in the year 2006.
Since this was the first released there were many glitches and other issues found in it like, performance, graphics quality and it was slow as well.
From the year 2007 to 2011 developers started working on the NetPlay and on the performance of this Emulator.
In May 2011 they again released version 0.9.8 which was far better and improved. They overhauled the GUI which was written with wxWidgets which improved the capability and performance in Linux and the newer versions of Windows.
Download PCSX2 Emulator
So, as we understand that the PCSX2 Emulator is the only tool available to use PS2 Bios files now it’s time to download it for yourself.
There is an official website available from where you can also download the Emulator but if you don’t want to go there and face issues in downloading then I am also providing you with the program.
Let’s move to our step by step guide to download the PCSX2 Emulator by using our provided links.
- First of all, you need to click on the Download Now button which you can find below.
- After you click on it you will see the Download page where you find Emulator for all platforms so click on the button which platform you are using.
- When you click on that button you will be redirected to the Mediafire page where you will see a download now button so just click on that button. It will take 5 seconds and after this, you will be asked to choose a location where you want to download the file just choose the Desktop and tap on Save or Download (Whatever option you see).
- Downloading will take time according to your internet speed and the size of the package so please be patient.
That’s it you have now successfully download the PCSX2 Emulator now it’s time to move to the installation process.
Install PCSX2 Emulator
As we have downloaded the emulator by following the above guide now it’s time to learn how we can install it on our machine. If you are noob then this would be a great guide for you as I am going to tell you the whole installation process in it.
If you are using Windows operating system then you need to follow below steps:
First, you need to extract the zip file which you downloaded from the above guide.
After this double click on PCSX2.exe and you will be asked for administration permission so just click on Yes.
It will then launch the Installer Window so select all the options you see there and then click Next. After this, you will be asked to choose a destination where you want to install the Emulator. Just click on Browse and then you can select otherwise don’t touch anything and just click Next.
Now Installation will begin and after some time you will see a new window where you will be asked to install Microsoft Visual C++. So, you need to agree to the license and then click on install.
When Visuall C++ Installed successfully it will then again open a pop-up window where you will be asked to install the DirectX 2010 version.
After this, you will see that Emulator is successfully installed and you find the icon at Desktop as well. But wait it is not ready yet you have to Setup the PCSX2 Emulator before you start using it. Read out the below guide to learn how you can set up your PCSX2 for the first time.
In case you are using the Macbook or iMac then here are the steps which you should follow:
- First, you need to download Nvidia Cg Toolkit by click on the link provided.
- After this install it by drag and drop it to the Applications list. Now you see the install window so follow all the instructions you see there and it will be installed.
- When you successfully installed the Nvidia Cg Toolkit now it’s time to install the PCSX2 Emulator. So, again drag and drop the .dmg of PCSX2 in Applications.
- Now the installation Windows will appear so you will be asked to choose what programs you wanted to install with this app. Don’t do anything and just click on next and again click on the next and the installation process will begin.
Within some time the application will be installed and you will see the icon in the Applications list.
In case you are a Linux user then you need to follow the below link to read the whole process for different architects.
Setup PCSX2 Emulator
Now as we have successfully installed the Emulator on our machine it’s time to set up it for the first time.
1. Double click on the PCSX2 icon and you will see the Language selector menu so if you want to change the language you can do this by click on the Drop-Down menu.
2. After selecting your language click the Next button and the setup will start scanning for the available Plugins. Now you will be asked to change the plugins if you want to, otherwise, click Next.
3. When you click on next it will ask you to choose the bios files, just minimize this Windows and extract the PS2 Bios which you downloaded from above.
4. After extracting the PS2 BIOS zip file open the folder which is created and then copies all the files you see there.
5. Again open the Minimized window of PSCX2 and click on Open Explorer where you asked for BIOS files. Now you see a new pop-up window, paste all the files which you copied from the BIOS folder.
6. After this close that Windows and then click on Refresh List. You will then be able to see all the available BIOS devices so choose any device from the list which you want to use and then click on Next.
That’s all you have successfully Setup the PCSX2 Emulator now you are able to run the Play Station 2 Games on your device.
But wait it is not as easy as you are thinking, it is quite difficult so you should read the below guide to understand how you can install games on the PCSX2 Emulator.
Install Games on PCSX2 Emulator
There are two ways to install and play games on PCSX2 Emulator the first method required to have an ISO image file. While in the second method you will be required to have a Play Station 2 DVD or CD drive.
Play ISO Games
First of all, we will discuss how we can play the ISO games in PCSX2 so follow the below steps:
- You need to download the ISO image file of a game by going to this link Emu Paradise.
- Now when you downloaded it just launch the PCSX2 Emulator from Desktop and click on CDVD. From the drop-down menu select ISO and then click on ISO Selector.
- When you click on ISO Selector it opens a pop-up Windows where you be asked to choose ISO image of a game. So, go to that folder where you have downloaded the ISO image from EMU Paradise and select that ISO and tap on Open.
- Now from the menu click on System and then choose the Boot CDVD (Full) or Boot CDVD (Fast). Then just wait until the game loads and that’s it enjoy playing all your favourite Play Station games right on your computer.
Play DVD/CD Games
Now if you have purchased a CD or DVD then you can also use it to play your games:
- Insert your CD or DVD of Play Station in your computer’s CD Rom.
- Now open the PCSX2 Emulator and then click on CDVD from the menu and choose the Plugins.
- After this click on the Config menu and choose the Plugin/ISO Selector.
- You will then see the Plugins area now find the CDVD Plugin and click on Configure.
- Here you see a pop-up window where it will ask to choose a path where your DVD is inserted. You can check this by going to My Computer and check the letter of your DVD Rom.
- After selecting this click on Apply and then Ok.
- Now again open the System menu and then click on Boot CDVD (Fast) or Boot CDVD (full).
That’s it PCSX2 will then load the files from your DVD and you will be able to play it on your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
If you have just read my whole article but even though you have some questions which you are trying to ask.
Then you should read this FAQ list where I have collected some most asked questions and answered them as well. In case you don’t find the relevant answer here you can also ask in the comment section.
Q1) Is It Safe to Use PCSX2 Emulator?
Yes, of course, it is safe and secure to use the PCSX2 emulator on any of the platforms you want.
Q2) Is PS4Bios Legal to use Emulators?
Yes, Emulators are legal to use and there are thousands of Emulators available on all the platforms. For example, there are some Emulators that help us to run the Android Apps on PC, Windows Apps on Mac, and so on.
Q3) Is there another Emulator to Run PS2 Bios?
No there is no other Emulator available on the internet which can run the BIOS of Play Station 2. Since there is only an emulator available named PCSX2 which I mentioned in the above guide.
Q4) Can I play high-quality graphics games on my computer?
Yes, you can play but make sure you have a Graphics Card otherwise you won’t be able to play.
Q5) What is the latest version of the PCSX2 Emulator?
The latest version which is also available on their official website is 1.4.0 which is for Linux and Windows only. While there is a 0.9.7 Alpha version of PCSX2 available for the Mac Lion users only.
This is the perfect guide for those who wanted to download the PS2 Bios but don’t know how to use them. Since there are many guides available on the internet but the problem is that they don’t cover the whole things. But I have listed everything which you should know including the installation and setup process as well.
So, if you have just missed any steps then please make sure to read my article again as I have discussed the whole process on how you can install and use PS2 Bios on your computer. Also, I have written the full guide on how to set up the PCSX2 to use it for the first time.
If you just liked my work then please make sure to share it with your friends so they can also get the benefit of this awesome guide. Also, bookmark my website so every time I uploaded a new article you get it first from everyone.